The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln
07-05-2015, 02:57 PM
The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln
Who was Nancy Hanks, mother of President Lincoln? If we believe vicious and unclear fabrications and slanders, tradition, and gossip, if we don’t rule out mixture of memory, and if we rely on information found in books, magazines, newspapers, family correspondence, accurate or not, than Abraham Lincoln must have had more “mothers” than any other human who ever lived.

Past weeks I spent some time reading various books and literature, relating to Nancy’s parentage, I surfed the Internet and compiled a chart (sort of flow chart), in which “ten mothers” of Lincoln are shown. It took me some time to compile the Dutch version, but to make an English version of the chart was easy (only some minor translations needed). The “explanatory text” (a lengthy paper, in which I have described why a certain “route” is more false than another) unfortunately is in Dutch.

Maybe you are interested in the chart to pick a mother by simply using your expertise or imagination to try to figure out which mother is most likely Lincoln’s or not. Or maybe your conclusion is simple by saying, that it is impossible to trace accurately the ancestral line of Abraham Lincoln’s mother.

Please feel free to give me any feedback. Do you see mistakes, faults? Do you have additions? Any comment will be greatly welcomed and highly appreciated!

Click here to download the chart

https://app.box.com/s/k9tbjl5n60otbklxr0wgoryryzvt5ujf

Please let me know if you also want the (rough) Dutch “explanatory text” (maybe you can read it by using google translate), by sending me a private email message.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln - loetar44 - 07-05-2015 02:57 PM