Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
05-13-2015, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 10:00 AM by John E..)
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
(05-12-2015 10:21 PM)historybuff22 Wrote:  I have a problem with the "last witness to the Lincoln assassination" on I've Have a Secret. If you work out the math, and listen closely to the interview, you'll discover that he was a small child then - under 8 years of age. Two questions:

1) How much will a person remember from when he was under 8 year old at the time and currently (1956) at the time.

2) This interview was more than 75 years after the Lincoln assassination happened. Can anyone,let alone under 8 years old at the time, have even close to recall memory this many years later?

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Organization

Hi Rich,

My father will be 81 this year and at times, has difficulty remembering where he placed his keys or wallet.

But when it comes to Dec. 6, 1941 - he can recall with amazing clarity the day his mother told him to go fetch his father (who was outside doing yard work) to tell him the Japs had bombed Pearl Harbor. It made a huge impact on him when he was 7 years old.

That's just food for thought.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - John E. - 05-13-2015 09:58 AM
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - Hess1865 - 05-14-2015, 09:06 AM