Lincoln's assassination: lots of "not sures."
04-13-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: Lincoln's assassination: lots of "not sures."
I often felt that way until I met James O. Hall and his Baker Street Irregulars. He and easier access to national records as well as the internet changed my mind.

There will always be questions (and frankly, that's good for business and what keeps history going), but the works of Ed Steers, Mike Kauffman, and now Terry Alford give you three good books to base your talks on if covering the whole spectrum. Works on individual conspirators such as Betty's Alias Paine and Kate Larson's Assassin's Accomplice also add to the "sures" you can rely on. John Fazio's brand new Decapitating the Union may do likewise. I've only read about 25 pages of it, but will report later.

And, are there really any more "not sures" in the assassination field than in general Lincoln history? Seems to me that, if all the"t's" were crossed in the study of this great man, there wouldn't be much left to write about -- and yet, the books, they just keep on coming... Although I have no intention of reading most of them, I still think that their publication is good for the future of American history.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's assassination: lots of "not sures." - L Verge - 04-13-2015 07:08 PM