Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-26-2015, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2015 12:05 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
"If one begins with a false premise, one must come to a false conclusion."

But I always thought that a good researcher (whether in scientific fields or history and others), would change conclusions once they found their premise didn't hold water....?

John, This old oak is more like the Willow Oak that bends and sways a bit in the breeze. It has allowed me to survive for forty years at Surratt House. I respect your work, especially the efforts you have gone through in doing research. I have told people for forty years that I am not a researcher. I thrive on the work of others that educates me and causes me to think. It is from their work, and now yours, that I draw conclusions.

We used to tease (and depend on) John C. Brennan about being the Lincoln assassination grapevine. He was a great researcher, but he also loved to spread the word about new finds, new people joining our group, new books, etc. as well as offering encouragement - and criticism - from time to time. I want to be just like him when I grow up.

I am pretty sure that your book is going to create quite a stir and, hopefully, get more people reading and thinking -- even those who think they already know it all. If it comes closer to making people reexamine the Judah Benjamin angle, even better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - L Verge - 04-26-2015 11:52 AM