Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-18-2015, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 01:08 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
(04-18-2015 05:28 AM)loetar44 Wrote:  Find A Grave contributor Mark Samuels placed this photo of John Frederick Parker on Parker’s memorial page. I always thought that there were no photo’s of Parker existing. Wonder if this is the right John Frederick Parker. Wrote Mark Samuels an email asking to reveal his source.

Account of Dr. George B. Todd: "About 10:25 pm, a man came in and walked slowly along the side on which the 'Pres' box was and I heard a man say, 'There's Booth' and I turned my head to look at him. He was still walking very slow and was near the box door when he stopped, took a card from his pocket, wrote something on it, and gave it to the usher who took it to the box. In a minute the door was opened and he walked in"

This question is for Tom Bogar: Did they have ushers at Ford's Theatre?

(04-18-2015 05:46 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(04-18-2015 05:28 AM)loetar44 Wrote:  Find A Grave contributor Mark Samuels placed this photo of John Frederick Parker on Parker’s memorial page. I always thought that there were no photo’s of Parker existing. Wonder if this is the right John Frederick Parker. Wrote Mark Samuels an email asking to reveal his source.

This page has that photo. Many years ago I read (I believe in the Surratt Courier) that there are Parker descendants living in the Washington area today, but they do not have the Parker name and have no pictures or family records of John F. Parker. IMO there are no known photos of John F. Parker.

Agreed! I feel very secure in saying that, if James O. Hall, John C. Brennan, Michael Kauffman, and Richard Smyth have not found a photo of Mr. Parker, one likely does not exist. I remember that Mr. Hall interviewed a descendant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - L Verge - 04-18-2015 01:05 PM