Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-16-2015, 07:55 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
(04-15-2015 09:25 AM)loetar44 Wrote:  After prof. William Hanchett re-identified Forbes in 1984 as the man who let pass Forbes, a complete change in views was set in motion. (The late) William A. Tidwell in “Come Retribution” (1988) and Edward Steers, Jr., both seen by me (beyond any doubt) as excellent scholars and both widely recognized as authorities on the Lincoln assassination (like Hanchett), also support the Forbes-story. I see Hanchett, Tidwell and Steers principally responsible for the Forbes-story. Of course their conclusions are based on extensive investigation of archives and original documents. I hope that I don’t ask an inconvenient question, but Mr. Steers, as I’ve learned member of this symposium, please can you shed some more light on the Forbes question?

Forgive me for being unlettered since I haven't read any recent books on the assassination, past Kauffman's and Killing Lincoln. But, I tend to agree with the fact that there was no one preventing Booth from reaching the President. Many years ago we visited Ford's and I seem to remember that there was a peephole in the door to the President's box, and the docent there said that Booth was able to access the box at an earlier time to prepare himself for what he was going to do. Perhaps he deliberately got Parker and Forbes "likkered up" prior to the assassination. Just a thought: another one of many.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - historybuff - 04-16-2015 07:55 AM