The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
02-15-2016, 05:11 AM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
What if...what IF....JWBooth had killed "the tyrant Lincoln" in secret, or I mean by that in disguise, and not obviously as the famous actor John Wilkes Booth? He arrives in the private opera box not as Booth but as some nondescript older man.
Does the same execution, leaps and escapes, just the same. Booth was an actor and used to costume and makeup. Yes, I know...I KNOW "he wanted his name to be forever remembered in history" (which he surely is). But, I wonder if it would have been possible to act "in disguise". He would have had to come into the theatre with a regular ticket and gone unnoticed, maybe an old man's white hair, a beard, glasses,
cane, a hat. Then, as the night wore on, slipped down into the passages and burst in to shoot Lincoln. One wrinkle might be: he would have to get someone who did NOT know JWB to stand in the alley and hold his horse. He would have had to likely buy a good horse from someone, giving a fake name, and dressed then as NOT looking like JWBooth. All this would have allowed him to gallop off, aways from the Opera House, and then to some site where he had a change of clothes. Then to make his way out of the country, as probably the Federals still could have been on the track of JWBooth, anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - maharba - 02-15-2016 05:11 AM