The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
02-05-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
Thanks Roger, Eva for allowing me access to books material I would not likely have come across. In this forum/Symposium, I have looked often for informative 'book reviews' (that I hope bring out NEW information to me). Too often, instead, I see folks saying similar to "I bought such and such book, haven't read it". Or the 'book reviews' will be a one-liner dismissal, and then the Thread diverges to some off-topic. To be blunt, the analysis of Basil Moxley eyewitness testimony is not availing or persuasive to me. At this moment, in this thread, it is not my intent to get bogged down with all the contradictions and blunders having to do with the disposition of the supposed 'body of John Wilkes Booth'. My intent, rather, is to continue investigating on the very much LIVING 'Booth' who arrived in Texas. For folks who may wish to believe that 'JWB suffered in his last illness', it is obvious that the cowardly assassin Boston Corbett when he shot the man leaning on crutches into his back, cut the spinal transmission of pain from his fractured limb and allowing his final hour even more welcome relief.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - maharba - 02-05-2016 10:20 AM