The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
01-06-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
(01-06-2016 04:39 AM)maharba Wrote:  I agree it does very clearly say that, right there. Strychnine. But...we both know that all this Booth, Lincoln stuff always seems to have other 'experts' of the time with diametric claims. And you've likely read enough old clippings and letters, as we all have, you have come across the oddball claims similar to: the KGC and Bill Quantrill came and killed him, etc. I can't remember what method of execution that Jesse James etc are supposed to have used (to supposedly) kill George/Booth or why. In Enid Oklahoma 1903, I'm guessing JWBooth/George was in constant pain from liver disease (cirrhosis, cancer, etc) and possible metastasis spread to bones, organs. Years of hard drinking had not killed him, as he hoped. Strychnine did the trick. William Broadwell Penniman owned the small mortuary and I believe his assistant
named William Ryan did the embalming. I think Ryan figures back into the equation in future years, as he realized whom he was supposed to have embalmed that day.

How could George/Booth have been murdered in 1903 by the outlaw Jesse James? Jesse was shot dead on April 3rd, 1882 in his own home, in Missouri.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Houmes - 01-06-2016 09:26 AM