Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore?
05-05-2015, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 04:25 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore?
(05-04-2015 08:21 PM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 05:29 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Truth to be told I feel a bit frustrated as I tried to make the same points as Kees did but received opposition.

Toia, re. the "rumors that she offended MHL by bossing around her servants", please go here to the bottom of p. 157 and the top of the following page:
https://books.google.de/books?id=3XLTAAA...CA4Q6AEwAQ
I had posted that already yesterday, but this morning decided to withdraw.

Thanks Eva, yes...I do see your point!Wink I would find a mother-in-law like that impossible to live with too. I guess the only point I was trying to make is that I am not sure how a feud like that could snowball into a decision to alter/change burial plans.

But both Marys were spoiled and stubborn women. Maybe something unforgiveable was said or done that we aren't aware of.
Thanks, Toia. I'm sorry I "snapped". I think it doesn't need a feud not wanting to be buried under someone else's roof (and Oak Ridge was MTL's roof) whom you don't feel well with. Mary Harlan had no ties to Springfield either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore? - Eva Elisabeth - 05-05-2015 04:17 AM