Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore?
05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore?
(05-03-2015 10:56 AM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  Hi Laurie,

Unfortunately I've never visited the Tomb in person but I have taken "virtual tours" online. Abraham Lincoln is, of course, encased in a cement block about a foot behind the large red marker bearing his name.

Mary is in the South Wall directly opposite, surrounded by the three boys. I have to believe she would not have been pleased. Her letters from 1865 onward express a longing to lie NEXT to "him...the Worshipped One" for eternity. Which is exactly where she was until Robert came up with his infamous Concrete Plan in 1901.Angry

That's a very sad story about your Huntt ancestors.Sad

BTW..I've never thought much about the idea that Mary Harlan might have been jealous of her legendary father-in-law's influence and fame not being shared by her husband. I think you have a point.

Well, now I dislike Robert even more for separating his father and mother. Even though the marriage vows do say, "Til death do us part," I don't think he should have parted them that much! Can we hire a medium to channel Mr. Lincoln and his thoughts on this burial situation? Somehow, I think he would want his wife and his sons closer to him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Robert Lincoln Ride the Funeral Train to Baltimore? - L Verge - 05-03-2015 11:07 AM