Mary Surratt's Denial of Lewis Powell
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 10:27 AM by Gene C.)
RE: Mary Surratt's Denial of Lewis Powell
(08-10-2012 04:51 AM)MaddieM Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 08:03 PM)BettyO Wrote:  It seems to me the whole thing was badly planned and thought out. Not the work of hardened assassins but more over zealous amateurs.

Was there any way that some higher authority masterminded this, and perhaps guaranteed their escape, only to let them down at the 11th hour?

I am glad you brought this up.......

We may need to start a new thread " My Favorite Lincoln Assassination Theories. A good book about this is William Hanchett's "The Lincoln Murder Conspiracies" He examines several of the popular theories and reaches an interesting conclusion. I won't spoil the ending, you'll have to read it.

Lots's of interesting books by different writers arguing their own ideas. Watch the Book section of this forum. Several of the older books are on the web on the Open Library. Another good reference is http://www.Lincoln-Assassination.com - the message board. Several of us who frequently posted on that web site have moved over to this forum. That forum has lots of great notes and comments, as well as some challenging ideas about the assassination (many made by the members here).

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mary Surratt's Denial of Lewis Powell - Gene C - 08-10-2012 07:56 AM