Lincoln statues around the world
09-15-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Lincoln statues around the world
(09-15-2014 03:13 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Scott, with the help of other forum members, I was able to compile a list of Lincoln statues. At a minimum there are statues in Norway, Scotland, England, Austria, France, Guatemala, Canada, Israel, and three in Mexico.

Angela made a wonderful post on the statue in Salzburg, Austria, here. Eva did the same for the statue in Oslo, Norway, here. Anita discovered the ones in Guatemala, Israel, and Canada, and Angela discovered the one in France.

Thanks Roger! And thanks to all the others who posted on this topic in the past. Sorry I did not see those threads initially.

I found this website (give it a minute, the picture at the top loads a little slowly). There is a neat map that has some statues (many of which you have already cited but an additional one in Cuba of all places). Nearer the bottom of the page there is a place where you can click on "see full transcript". This gives a little synopsis of each of the statues. I like the one about the Cuba statue that says:
"In Havana, Cuba, there is a bust of Abraham Lincoln in the Museum of the Revolution. This demonstrates that Lincoln is seen as a figure of freedom rather than Americanism."

http://prezi.com/bjge5_pc6cgw/statues-of...the-world/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln statues around the world - STS Lincolnite - 09-15-2014 03:49 PM