Where we're you when Nixon resigned?
04-27-2015, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 09:05 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Where we're you when Nixon resigned?
(04-27-2015 02:48 PM)Juan Marrero Wrote:  We don't need a national "stock villain" among presidents because that will be all that is taught in school: "Well, kids here is what you need to know for your test: Kennedy: good. Nixon: real bad."
I agree, especially on that almost no one is entirely bad.
Regarding hero status I do not entirely understand why Kennedy ranks that high in "greatest president" charts. He sure was a charismatic person, young, handsome, with a likewise glamourous wife - but politically, despite his handling of the Cuba crisis, what did he do that made him one of the greatest presidents? Or better - had he had the chance to live through his presidency, to what extent would he have fulfilled the many hopes people had pinned on him?

I am thinking of B. Obama's first election, which at least our news and newspapers put as if regarding the people's hopes comparable to Kennedy's, but meanwhile the public mood and opinion seem to have greatly "cooled down". I wonder if the same could have happened to Kennedy, and if his assassination perhaps prevented him from falling?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where we're you when Nixon resigned? - Hess1865 - 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Where we're you when Nixon resigned? - Eva Elisabeth - 04-27-2015 09:02 PM
RE: Where we're you when Nixon resigned? - Hess1865 - 05-05-2015, 07:53 PM