Through Five Administrations
08-07-2014, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 10:11 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
RE: Through Five Administrations
Hi Laurie,

I am baffled as to why anyone would assume that you are anti-Lincoln if you are interested in the assassination. Think of all the people who have made a career studying the Warren Report and the murder of JFK for 50 years...they are not anti-Kennedy and neither are the folks who are fascinated by the Lincoln assassination. In my experience it's just the opposite.

I'm sorry about the experiences you and your staff have had with the Lincoln...errhm...experts. You know how I feel about a few of those guys, so I don't need to add anything. I would really like to visit Surratt House soon. It's on my bucket list!Wink

Roger,

H. Donald Winkler in the book "Lincoln and Booth" posits that John Parker was likely a relative of Mary Todd Lincoln through her mother, Eliza Parker. He theorizes that John Parker was hired by Mary specifically to assist her in getting rid of her husband. She was in such a rage after City Point that she deliberately plotted to have incompetent men around Lincoln to endanger his security. So, Mrs. Lincoln is ultimately responsible for the death of her husband.

I sat in slack-jawed shock for several minutes after reading this garbage. I can't do anything except borrow Laurie's apt phrase....EXPLETIVE DELETED.Angry

BTW, Mr. Winkler is also a descendent of Ann Rutledge.Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Through Five Administrations - Gene C - 08-06-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Through Five Administrations - L Verge - 08-07-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Through Five Administrations - LincolnToddFan - 08-07-2014 10:09 PM
RE: Through Five Administrations - Gene C - 08-07-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: Through Five Administrations - L Verge - 08-08-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Through Five Administrations - Gene C - 08-08-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Through Five Administrations - L Verge - 08-08-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Through Five Administrations - L Verge - 08-08-2014, 03:59 PM