Trip to D.C. - help, please!
07-31-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please!
My goodness - I did NOT expect so many wonderful answers!
Thank you so much Eva, Betty, Linda, Laurie and Toja - these ideas are amazing!

Betty, I would love to visit Fort Leslie - do you think it is still open next week or is it only open house on the weekend. We do not leave here since Monday.

Eva, thank you so much - we have a hotel booked already but I totally did not have the Douglass house in mind anymore. I put it on the list!

Linda - those are amazing tips concerning the trip to the cottage, I'll add theses stations and most certainly Rock Creek Cemetery. And YES, we have a tour planned to Mount Vernon as well. If the weather plays along, we'll take a boat trip on Friday.

Toia - you will totally get me to eat seafood which I have never had before! The description sounds YUM!

Laurie - absolutely amazing ideas! I put former city hall on the list and yes, the capitol, including the Library of Congress is on in our tour on Tuesday. I'm planning to take the creepy tunnel to get across the street; it's alway a lot of fun to emerge from the tunnel into that magnificent hall.

The Grant statue on the west side is gorgeous - did you know that it is the second largest equestrian statue in the world?

As for Fords, I'll pm you since I'm trying that again. I'll be taking my cousin who wants to see it. To know someone there would be great and I already appreciate your help so much!
You are right - Surrat House could be a transportation problem since we are only around for five days and have no rental car as of now.

Again - thank you all! I'm blown away by all these great ideas!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Trip to D.C. - help, please! - Angela - 07-30-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - BettyO - 07-30-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - L Verge - 07-30-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - BettyO - 07-30-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - Angela - 07-31-2014 02:12 AM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - BettyO - 07-31-2014, 05:55 AM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - Angela - 07-31-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - L Verge - 07-31-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Trip to D.C. - help, please! - L Verge - 07-31-2014, 11:48 AM