Mary Todd Lincoln's faux pas (plural), worse, and much worse
06-13-2014, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 01:17 PM by BettyO.)
RE: Mary Todd Lincoln's faux pas (plural), worse, and much worse
I'll take my life in my hands here and tune in - but I think you're right - Toia, Laurie and Joe.

Toia, thanks for a beautiful story - love can and does come in varying forms - but love IS still love and yes, your parents did love one another. Thanks so very much for sharing!

To get back to what both you and Laurie were saying - for some reason, I think that women (perhaps with an inborn nature to be maternal - who knows?!?) may be a sight more intutive when it comes to attempting to sort out emotions/feelings and personality in an individual. Not to sound sexist and say that men can't do the same - they most certainly can. But I think that women can somehow perhaps "read" certain qualities in an individual, and if historically, these same "qualities"; characteristics, personality quirks - call it what you may, can be backed up by other solid documentation, letters, diaries, newspaper accounts, what have you, than by all means, get to the bottom of it and utilize these characteristics to unravil an individual's personality the best you can. It's not easy but it can help to dig out a person's character perhaps.

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mary Todd Lincoln's faux pas - Gene C - 06-12-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Mary Todd Lincoln's faux pas (plural), worse, and much worse - BettyO - 06-13-2014 01:15 PM