10 Best Novels About the Civil War
06-04-2014, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 10:28 PM by brtmchl.)
RE: 10 Best Novels About the Civil War
I haven't read about half of these books listed. I loved " The Killer Angels." The movie Gettysburg was based off of this book. I remember when I first saw the movie. I was still in the service and our company commander took all non commissioned officers to the theater. The movie was used as a lesson in leadership traits.
"The Red Badge of Courage" still reminds me of my childhood. I read this book many times. Like Roger mentioned, it was required reading in school. I also remember having it in an old comic book form.
I will have to go shopping soon. Laurie, what do you have in stock? I haven't read Wild Bill's book yet. That seems like a good place to start. Betty also mentioned a book in a past post about Sherman's March.
I know I will take some heat on this, but I have tried many times and have never been able to get through "Gone With The Wind." It is so slow, my eyes start to cross and I want to fall asleep. My wife yells at me all the time. It is one of her favorites.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Best Novels About the Civil War - brtmchl - 06-04-2014 10:27 PM