Another New Assassination Kid's Book
04-20-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014 11:19 AM by BettyO.)
RE: Another New Assassination Kid's Book
I agree somewhat. I do remember that our 3rd grade Virginia history text books told in extremely limited detail about the Lincoln assassination. Basically it was Booth shot Lincoln and escaped into Virginia with "an accomplice" - no names; no conspiracy; no details....

I remember the first horrid thing I ever heard of ... the first murder I ever heard of. The "In Cold Blood" Clutter family murders in 1959 Kansas. I was 5 years old. I remember my parents discussing it; seeing it on the evening news; seeing it in the news papers as I was learning to read.

I was so young it didn't really touch me at all. It was fleeting. I also remember the Kennedy assassination when I was 10 years old . That too is a fleeting memory. I had a wonderful childhood full of fun, love, joy and learning.

An in depth study of the assassination may be more appropriate for ages 9 or 12 and up....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another New Assassination Kid's Book - BettyO - 04-20-2014 11:08 AM