Eddie: Lincoln’s Forgotten Son
04-17-2015, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015 10:10 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Eddie: Lincoln’s Forgotten Son
A wonderfully done booklet and throughout well-founded! I so much enjoyed reading it! And, as always, I've learned something new about a subject I had and have questions on.
Just recently some posts were made about when and whether Mary visited Springfield respectively her husband's grave after the assassination (can someone recall on which thread? Please share- thanks!). I just knew the paramount intention of her September 1866 visit, when she also met with Herndon for the interview he requested, was to visit her husband's grave. I remember someone posted she once more succombed to her emotions and didn't make it to the tomb. Now - and I am not sure if I mix things up which is why I would like to re-read the previous postings - in Tom Emery's book I learned she already had gone to Springfield (with Robert) with the same intention and outcome (she stayed distraught in her hotel room) when Willi's and her husband's bodies where removed from the holding vault to the temporary resting place on Dec.21, 1865.
Did she ever start any further attempt than these two?

Also this way I would like to thank Mr. Emery for making the overseas purchase and shipping possible the easiest, kindest, and fastest way!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie: Lincoln’s Forgotten Son - Eva Elisabeth - 04-17-2015 07:27 PM