My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
12-01-2013, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 12:28 PM by brtmchl.)
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
(12-01-2013 11:35 AM)Rob Wick Wrote:  
Quote:you have made political assumptions about those who have not supported this.

Based on what I've read, which I again admit is limited to Google. It's possible that the stories which appear in the top are weighted, but when Glenn Beck gets behind those opposed to it, a red flag goes up. Also, a close friend from college who is to the right of Genghis Khan doesn't support them, and personal experience has told me when he is opposed to something, I generally will be in favor of it. Smile

Best
Rob

I like the Genghis Khan reference Rob, but let's not forget those who are to the left of Stalin and Mao. There are extremists on all sides.

Sure there are people who will oppose Common Core, and people who will accept it based on political ideology alone. But let's not forget the parents that want the best for their children in the classroom. To some it is personal. Teachers give everything to their students, and a great teacher has an everlasting effect on a person. A computer can teach, but it takes a teacher to craft. We cannot dismiss a child's need for creativeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PprP5TCZB...detailpage

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address" - brtmchl - 12-01-2013 12:25 PM