My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
(12-01-2013 11:05 AM)Rob Wick Wrote:  Mike,

I'm certainly not saying that there aren't legitimate questions that need to be addressed, but in the admittedly brief searching I've done on the issue, most people who are opposed to it do so for political reasons. The education of our children is too important to be left solely to politicians of either stripe. Educators are the best judge of what works, and it seems to me that the discussion also has to acknowledge that what worked when I was in school may not work now.

Best
Rob

I agree with you to an extent Rob, and I'm really not trying to be politically motivated. I live with a teacher and speak with many and a growing consensus is that common core standards handcuff the teachers. Not on every issue. Some complain that the new lessons hamper their teaching style, and makes for boring school days.
As far as politics go. I believe it is about the children and the teachers. I don't care if Dems created it. I never agreed with " No child left behind" either.
There are many teachers on this forum, what is their overall opinion?

It is also political to blindly support and criticize skeptics. Im not saying that you blindly support this, but you have made political assumptions about those who have not supported this.
Gifted children will always do well in the classroom, but some children need that spark that only a dedicated and creative teacher can provide.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address" - brtmchl - 12-01-2013 11:27 AM