My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
11-30-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
I'm sorry, but I do see an issue here. Without prior knowledge of the Civil War, without knowing that the country was ripped apart, without knowing what these soldiers sacrificed for what they believed in and what was on the line, and without knowing upon what ground this speech was written as a dedication; takes away the very soul of this humble dedication. Reducing this speech to just a few sentences by a talented politician with a talented pen. There is no chill that runs through your body, knowing that these few words are summing up years of carnage; while still respectfully recognizing the sacrifice many have made. The sorrow of leaders ordering men into the fray and still the hope of a peaceful future. How can you gauge anything without context?
Sorry for my rant, I have had a few.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address" - brtmchl - 11-30-2013 11:32 PM