One more post, on one broken leg.
09-23-2013, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2013 05:43 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
(09-22-2013 04:13 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I also believe that, at that point, he was in such a fever pitch that a suma wrestler would not have deterred him from his mission.
I don't doubt that, although I'm just trying to imagine this scene. I just wanted to figure out how prepared he was.

(09-23-2013 05:13 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Anita, I have never read that O'Laughlen was on the train with the Grants. Do you recall where you read that? I would like to check that out. Many thanks.
Roger, I've brought this up (but maybe Anita has another source). I read this:

"There is evidence to suggest that either Booth or his fellow conspirator Michael O'Laughlen, who looked similar, followed Grant and his wife Julia to Union Station late that afternoon and discovered that Grant would not be at the theater that night. Apparently, O'Laughlen boarded the same train the Grants took to Philadelphia in order to kill Grant. An alleged attack during the evening took place; however, the assailant was unsuccessful since the private car that the Grants were riding in had been locked and guarded by porters.[21]"
here:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassina...am_Lincoln

and the source [21] given is: Mc Feely (2002), Grant: A biography, pp.224-225.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Eva Elisabeth - 09-23-2013 05:26 AM