President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
08-18-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
I believe as Americans we tend to look back to history wanting to change it. We are by nature a compassionate people. We also insist on fixing blame to every topic. We forget the times that people lived in, and look back with a modern looking glass.
Our American Experience has been riddled with mistakes, but we have also created something that the world has never seen. I am proud of this country and I assure you that white washing history to suit agendas, or to cover up wrongs, or just to escape guilt or place guilt is wrong. Our mistakes are learning points. Our mistakes are what builds better people. History is not about the past. It is about the future. It is necessary to continually look to the past, so History never repeats itself.

No country or people are free of guilt.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862 - brtmchl - 08-18-2013 05:05 PM
Lincoln and the Dakotas - L Verge - 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM