Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
Eva wrote:
Again, please regard all this just as my personal additional ideas, not as criticism. Your book and work is great! (And Mike - will other topics follow...?)

I have been thinking alot about John Brown. He is another topic that my wife's students have NO knowledge about. My only fear is that it may be too violent, and disturbing. Unless I skipped his earlier escapades in Kansas. I thought it would be good to as a series opener. I could tie Booth in as well.

I have also thought about Cortez and his conquest of the Aztecs, but my wife says I should stick with the Civil War period. My only fear is commiting to a whole series of the war and it will be difficult and overwhelming to draw the battles. Not to mention that there are already alot of Battle focused comics. I would have to find really interesting and unknown stories within the story to make it work while still covering the war in the background. There are alot of woman, slaves, doctors,politicians, and military leaders that can be covered. I wonder how much background there is on Dr. Leale during his time in the war?

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - brtmchl - 08-20-2013 09:49 AM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - Hess1865 - 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM