Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
08-19-2013, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 08:43 PM by brtmchl.)
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
Eva, thank you so much for the review. It is most helpful. I am very glad that you liked it.
I worked on the actual drawings for 6 months, the book came together in about a year. All of the reading took much longer.

Your suggestions are most welcome. Criticism is as important as praise. I want the good and the bad. It is really important to me to get this as perfect as I can. The fact that there were no major criticisms is very encouraging.

I did try to put page numbers, but with the font that I chose the numbering looked awkward. It also would force me to decrease the size of the font, but I wanted it to remain large text. It would be fine on certain pages because of the length of text but on pages where the wording is a lot less there was a dramatic difference. I figured with a short book, that mainly takes place in consecutive order that it would not be needed. Kind of like a story telling at a campfire. Plus I wanted to make sure that the text matched the illustration page entirely. I'm sure there is a better way for me to include this, I am still learning. Amazon or creatspace doesn't do any of the formatting. It is completely up to me to supply the complete product.

I love the idea of adding an asterisk to indicate words covered in the glossary.

I also agree with adding the dates for quotes in the preface. My main objective was to skip a long prologue but to try and show a gradual build up of what was to come. There were so many quotes that I thought I would alow Lincoln and Booth to build it for me.

Thank you again for spending the time to give me further suggestions. One of the great things that I have found about Amazon is that I can spend the time and fix certain things, without additional costs, resubmit and it takes 24 hours to be reviewed and it is ready.

I am really glad you liked it Eva.

Thanks again

P.S. I think it is so cool that my book found a home in Germany

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - brtmchl - 08-19-2013 07:04 PM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - Hess1865 - 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM