Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
08-15-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
Nowhere in any of the posts relating to the upcoming comic book with the dark cover do I find it's name or author. Maybe I missed it. I realize it hasn't been published yet, but I would like to have that information. Do you all know of Rick Geary's great hardcover comic book in b& w about the assassination story? It's pretty clever, and better done than his next one, which is about the Lindbergh kidnapping.
I collect comic books about Lincoln, and must have about 50 or more. I have the Classics Illustrated referred to here -- in Greek! The drawings were cleaned up and much more pleasing than the original. I also have a small Spanish one. Lloyd Ostendorf drew some Lincoln-related comics for Treasure Hunt comics. The one about Dr. Mudd is terrific, and has a great panel about the assassination scene. My fav. childrens' book about Lincoln is illustrated by Jack Davis, the famed Mad magazine cartoonist. Speaking of Mad Mag., does anyone recall the issue containing a color satire of a liquor company ad showing Booth getting drunk at Taltavul's, trying to get up the courage to shoot Lincoln? It's a classic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - emma1231 - 08-15-2013 08:06 AM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - Hess1865 - 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM