Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
08-13-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 09:58 PM by J. Beckert.)
Heart RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
(08-13-2013 08:14 PM)brtmchl Wrote:  I just had the pleasure today, of working through email with two truly charming and intelligent Southern ladies. It's not everyday that a "Rookie", a Northern Rookie at that, gets two highly respected historians to help him with a project. Laurie Verge, and Betty O took it upon themselves to help me create a more interesting and eye catching cover for my book. It is also not everyday that people receive such a random act of kindness. I am truly grateful. Roger, you have put together a wonderful site. Not only are these members extremley knowledgable and enthusiastic about history, but they are amazing people.
Thank you ladies.

Two of the nicest Rebs you'll ever meet, Bert. Trust me on that one. Laurie may rant about Yankees, but it's all in jest. (I think) Two wonderful ladies we're all very lucky to have here. They share so much that can't be found anywhere else except inside their heads. That's very telling about their commitment to sharing and preserving our nation's history. Two wonderful gals that should get a "li'l speck a shugga" from all of us for all they bring to this forum! Muah, gals! Heart

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - J. Beckert - 08-13-2013 09:41 PM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - Hess1865 - 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM