Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris?
06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris?
(06-28-2013 10:10 AM)calebj123 Wrote:  Sorry for chiming in late on this, but I wanted to say that I side with John on Clara's reliability as a witness. The acts of Clara after the assassination have been highly regarded as level headed in all aspects. She helped save Henry's life by finally stanching the flow of blood from his wound, she assisted in moving Mary Todd to the Peterson house, as well as staying by her side as Lincoln died. Clara was also the only person involved in the assassination to go back to the State box. According to the trial, Clara, her father, Judge Olin, Judge Carter and James P. Ferguson went back to investigate the scene of the crime two days later. Clara was the most level headed of any of the witnesses and continued to be so throughout her life. I second the opinion that Booth did a dry-run and scoped out the box that night. It's not only good planning, but would have been easy for him to do. The fact that there's no mention of Forbes seeing him the first time doesn't mean too much. There are plenty of stranger coincidences that night that led to the final assassination. Forbes could have stepped out with Parker at that time.

Hi Caleb. Does this mean you also accept Clara's statement that Laura Keene was never in the State Box after the shooting? The majority opinion seems to be that she was, but I have also read a few opinions that she was not. Just curious how you feel. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - RJNorton - 06-28-2013 10:51 AM