Can you help me find something?
07-19-2012, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 11:33 AM by Rob Wick.)
Can you help me find something?
A couple of years ago, I was browsing in Prairie Archives in Springfield and I came across a salesman's dummy for the Sangamon Edition of Abraham Lincoln: The Prairie Years. It was, if I remember correctly, about $125. Even though I had the money at the time, I talked myself out of buying it. Now, of course, they don't have it any longer. I've looked on the internet and found a copy in a store called Chanticleer Books, for $75. I may still get it there, but if anyone who might find themselves in a used bookstore finds a copy for less money, could you let me know? This is the description from Chanticleer's site.

Publisher's red buckram with blind-stamped bust of Lincoln to front cover; octavo; 100 pages of text and illustrations. Scarce salesman's copy of the Sangamon Edition of Sandburg's Lincoln.

Thanks.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can you help me find something? - Rob Wick - 07-19-2012 11:31 AM