Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd
Those are exactly my thoughts also. First, Herold and Mudd went to Dr. Mudd's father's house seeking use of their buggy to transport Booth. If Booth were a stranger to Mudd, why would Mudd entrust a family carriage to a person that he might never see again?

Even if Mudd did not know what Booth had done, he did by the time he got to Bryantown. Why take your leisurely time going home? I once asked that of a pro-Mudd historian who told me that Mudd feared for his wife's and children's safety. Stupid me, but I would expect my husband to come rushing home to save us! Or, as this historian also said, if Mudd told the authorities, there might be a shoot-out at the Mudd house. My answer to that was that perhaps I watched too many cop shows on television, but wouldn't the troopers be smart enough to remain a safe distance from the house and wait for Mudd to evict the fugitives?

I' sorry, but I contend that Dr. Mudd was in the conspiracy from the beginning (upon receiving the letters introducing Booth into the Maryland planters' community) until the end. It's degree of guilt that we should consider.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd - Rhatkinson - 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd - Laurie Verge - 05-07-2013 09:32 AM
RE: Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd - Gene C - 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
RE: Booth's honesty: Lloyd v Mudd - Hess1865 - 05-07-2013, 10:26 AM