Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
02-18-2013, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 08:32 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
Erik,

I may know my assassination story, but I don't know ratings. Does 2.6 HH mean 2.6 Households out of every one watching TV at that time were watching Nat Geo? If I pass that test, what does 1.1 P25-54 mean? Is that the age range of those people?

John aka Jeff,

You are continuing to amaze me with your knowledge in the assassination field!!! I am so proud of you, and I want that book out in time for Conference 2014. I don't care if you have to take over doing it all. You have brought up stuff that I have never heard anyone else talk about. You are really painting all the scenery of what went on from the moment the conspirators began being arrested until their fates were sealed.

I am cross-posting here with something that I just said on Dave Taylor's great site (please visit BoothieBarn.com, if you haven't already). Dave mentioned that he questioned the shot in the film where Samuel Cox appeared to recognize Booth. Here's my take on it - whether or not the film meant it this way or not, I think it's logical:

Dave – In conjunction with your doubts about Cox recognizing Booth, I thought the same thing at first. And then I decided to speculate that the Southern Maryland underground had already received notice to be on the lookout for the assassin with a broken leg. Where could they have gotten that information? Dr. Mudd’s trek into Bryantown could likely have been for things other than buying things for the missus. Remember his slow progress on his way back home, stopping to chat with other men along the way??? Just saying.

My point is that the underground in our area was darned good at getting the job done. If Mudd supplied the information in the early afternoon to just one person, there is no doubt in my mind that Cox would have known about it within hours. He didn't need to recognize Booth; he just needed to look for two men - one having a broken leg - who would show up likely under the cover of darkness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - L Verge - 02-18-2013 07:57 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM