1860s Period Foods - Including Good Down Home Eatin'
02-28-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: 1860s Period Foods - Including Good Down Home Eatin'
(02-27-2013 08:06 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Reference the "Hanging Around the Kitchen with Mary," I have tried for years to convince my gift shop manager to sell t-shirts with a noose motif around the neck and the words "I've Been Hanging Around Surratt House." So far, no luck. Unfortunately, in this day and age, I'm betting they would sell like hot cakes.

Since the late-1970s, we have sold both t-shirts and sweatshirts with a map of the Booth escape route on the back and the words Following in the Footsteps of an Assassin. They are quite popular, and Michael Kauffman even usurped that phrase as the title of his latest publication.

In Springfield, I have seen T-shirts with Mary Lincoln's image and the words: "I'd be crazy to live anywhere other than Springfield." There was one with AL's photos and the words" "I'd rather be shot than be anywhere other than Springfield." This may not be the exact wording, but close enough.

Thanks for mentioning Lincoln's Table. For those who have a sweet tooth, try the Southern Lemon Cake. It is one of my favorites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1860s Period Foods - Including Good Down Home Eatin' - Donna McCreary - 02-28-2013 11:50 PM