A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character
08-19-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 10:23 AM by BettyO.)
RE: A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character
(08-19-2012 09:52 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Betty: I didn't mean for you to go over again what you had said previously on that issue-I was just commenting that there the darn story was again-in a fairly new book! Betty, I know you must have super powers-why not just kill the story Smile

Oh no, Bill!! I wasn't being nasty!! HA!

I was just saying that I've heard this old story sooo many times....it seems that it NEVER goes to rest. I will tell you one thing, Bill; attempting to "change history" even when the facts are there is VERY challenging - but fun all the least!

Thanks for the interest, as always, m'dear!!

(08-19-2012 09:14 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Jim Garrett asked me to post this image he sent. It's a pass made out to Mr. J.W. McConnell and five ladies. It is thought they were there to show support for Mrs. Surratt. Possibly, the ladies were more likely there to see the mysterious "Payne." This is probably the most interesting pass, the content is great!

Jim, if I didn't say things correctly, feel free to add to this!

[Image: hsadmitcard.png]

Roger -

That "pass" graphic is so very, very small.....is there a way to enlarge it? It's really unreadable. That is very, very interesting! More than likely Powell's "groupies"!! HA!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character - BettyO - 08-19-2012 10:21 AM