Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
12-29-2012, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 05:31 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
I should have enlarged that photo, then I might have recognized it as a stock. That was a common form of gentlemen's neckwear during the 19th century. I believe that Booth preferred cravats. Rick Smith is my authority on men's neckwear.

Loved that article, by the way. Three years ago, we had a year-long exhibit on Remembering Mr. Lincoln to commemorate his birthday at Surratt House. (It was slightly disturbing to the Confederate spirits there, but they behaved themselves.) One of the things that the children loved most was a life-sized, foam core "statue" of Mr. Lincoln. In front of the statue, we affixed Lincoln's size 14 foot prints to the floor (courtesy of a member who happens to own original drawings made for a subsequent pair of Lincoln's boots).

We then had a sign that asked, "Can you measure up to Mr. Lincoln?" and another that said, "Can you fill Mr. Lincoln's boots?" The kids had a grand time taking turns to see how they did. Most of them could fit both of their shoes in just one Lincoln foot print. These two activities then led into a brief discussion of other ways that they should emulate Mr. Lincoln.

As former teacher HerbS will tell you, "You gotta hook 'em before you can reel 'em in!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - L Verge - 12-29-2012 05:12 PM