Gettysburg Address 150 years later
11-20-2012, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 09:04 AM by GARY POPOLO.)
RE: Gettysburg Address 150 years later
(11-20-2012 12:07 AM)Ashley Norman Wrote:  Welcome. to the group. Gettysburg was a big deal still is and the emotions that oversome one when there are beyond anything anyone can describe. It has great magnitude. i hadnt realized it was 150 years ago. I hope to be able to go back to Gettysburg.

Thank you Ashley, Looking forward to future trips to Gettysburg! Happy Thanksgiving.

(11-20-2012 07:22 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Welcome aboard ,Gary!

I'm so very glad you enjoyed Gettysburg. "Remembrance Day" is a wonderful celebration. I've been to Gettysburg and Remembrance Day lots of times. Another thing you may enjoy are the reenactments of the battle which are usually held around July 4th. They have a huge Civil War relic and book sale there at the same time and I used to go up for that every year - if you want ANYTHING Civil War, that is the place to go! It's the largest Civil War show in the US. To me, the "feel" of the battle and the repercussions of it are still vivid to this day - particularly out on the battlefield.

You will find many wonderful and friendly folk here, as well as respected scholars and professional historians who will intrigue you with their knowledge. It's a facinating study!

Looking forward to your posts!
Thank you for your welcome BettyO. My wife and I are going to try and book a July trip back to Gettysburg. Would love to see reenactment of that size and at that place! Cannot imagine how moving that would be. Have a wonderful thanksgiving. I look forward to our future discussions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gettysburg Address 150 years later - GARY POPOLO - 11-20-2012 08:54 AM