The Assassin's Accomplice By Kate Clifford Larson
11-18-2012, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 02:03 PM by Ashley Norman.)
RE: The Assassin's Accomplice By Kate Clifford Larson
Very well said Laurie, and thank you for the information. I think she was guilty of a few things and knew what she was getting into as well. I also think thatthe people wanted her to be guilty of killing Lincoln.

Now with that being said i believe she was guilty of having these men in her home and knowing what they were planning and knew they wanted to kidnap the president. She failed to tell anyone about this information. that she is guilty of. Also John Booth was a very charming man and I can see or understand how she could have been infatuated with him.

So all in all she was Guilty and not guilty I think she was't totally innocent and probaly deserved prison time. I'm not sure if she needed to be hanged for it but all in all she was hung and did deserve prison time for what she did know.

The book sheds light on her side of the story and I agree Laurie that there are two sides to every story.

I aslo think that the reason she turned her head th other way was becasue she tried to protect her son which only amplified her guitly of not stopping any plot against the president. We all know she knew these things and did nothing. that was her fault she shouldn't have stayed quiet. But thats me. she lost her husband and it seems that she went in to protection mode of her children and wanted to keep them safe at all costs and it cost her her life. not very well thought about but i can see both as I said she was both gulity and innocent.

What does everyone think of her Lawyer Frederick Aiken. It was interesting that he started the news paper after everyone sort of shunned him so to speak. i need to research him more.

Laurie, thank you again for adding family history in with your reply it makes the information more valuable and I appreciate and love history more when it cames from people we know or knew. Thank you for sharing that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Assassin's Accomplice By Kate Clifford Larson - Ashley Norman - 11-18-2012 02:00 PM