The Assassin's Doctor by Robert Summers
02-12-2024, 02:11 PM
RE: The Assassin's Doctor by Robert Summers
(02-06-2024 06:53 AM)bob_summers Wrote:  Hi Gene. I just saw your post here. Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the confusion. The original 2014 edition, The Assassin's Doctor - The Life and Letters of Dr. Samuel Mudd, was so large that Amazon's printing cost made the paperback version too expensive. I don't still have a copy of that edition, but I think much of the bulk was inclusion of letters he wrote from Fort Jefferson, which are readily available in the public domain biography his daughter Nettie Mudd wrote in 1906.

The current edition, which I should have clearly marked as the Second Edition, contains everything important from the original, and everything important from my smaller books on his time at Fort Jefferson, his slaves, and his wife, which I have discontinued. I wanted to have a single, comprehensive, affordable biography of Dr. Mudd, which I think I've now done.

There will be no more changes. At 85, my book-writing days are over.

While writing this note, I noticed a new Amazon review of my book by "Strawberry Wrong", who hammers it and me pretty good. I knew being a descendant of Dr. Mudd would make me a suspect biographer, but I tried very hard to produce an accurate historical account of him. I think I succeeded, but it looks like not everyone agrees.

Best,

Bob Summers

Gene, for five days, starting tomorrow (2-7-2024), forum members can download a free copy of The Assassin's Doctor ebook from Amazon, and a free copy of my ebook about the 19th Regiment, U.S. Colored Troops, entitled Maryland's Black Civil War Soldiers. Hope this makes up for the confusion. I'm not advertising this anywhere else.

- Bob Summers

Bob, Thanks for this generous offer! I already owned the print book edition of your Dr. Mud books, but I did take the opportunity to get this e-book as well. I will enjoy the re-read in a new format!! I will also be anxious to read for the first time your book on 19th regiment of the USCT. Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Assassin's Doctor by Robert Summers - STS Lincolnite - 02-12-2024 02:11 PM