As we approach the anniversary of JFK's assassination...
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 02:33 PM by LincolnMan.)
As we approach the anniversary of JFK's assassination...
One hundred and forty seven years ago, the nation reeled from the assassination of President Lincoln. We read about it today-and there may be no emotion evoked because of it-after all-we weren't alive then. But many of us have lived through a similar time. Many of us were alive and remember the assassination of President Kennedy. Were the emotions experienced akin to those that were felt by people alive during Lincoln's assassination? I would think so. What an awful day November 22, 1963 was! I personally experienced deep shock, disbelief, and overwhelming sadness that our President was killed. And countless others felt the same way. What was that day like for you? I think we who went through the JFK assassination, can better appreciate in some way what people experienced in reaction to Lincoln's murder. Perhaps, artist Bill Mauldin said in his drawing what people felt everywhere when he drew Lincoln in deep grief over the killing of JFK. Remember this?:

[Image: photof4818d74e2a2c3dfc6.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With sadness as we approach the 49th anniversary of Kennedy's murder, we think of him and Lincoln. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance-and there is a cost.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
As we approach the anniversary of JFK's assassination... - LincolnMan - 11-10-2012 10:44 PM