Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
01-21-2022, 09:53 AM
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
(01-20-2022 04:01 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  I didn't realize I was on a forum with a bunch of prudes. It's a good thing that Lincoln never used earthy humor or naughty words to make a point! Please excuse me while I pour myself a lemonade, given that I'm sure hard liquor is not welcome here.

I get it now. We are at fault because we find someone's language offensive and inappropriate. In this case, a teacher. I am not going to apologize in this case for being a "prude", rather some of us have standards for appropriate behavior.
It seems the school spoke also. They didn't use the same language as Prof Mehler, but he didn't like what they had to say. Maybe you can offer him a refreshing glass of lemonade.

Sorry Rob, but I've seen this spin cycle before. Usually with a washing machine trying to clean dirty laundry
For those of us old enough to know better, to many times "agreeing to disagree" under the best of circumstances, leads to mediocrity

As for Lincoln's language, I understand he was a bit more selective of the circumstances and audience when and how he used it.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended - Gene C - 01-21-2022 09:53 AM