Virginia Supreme Court: Lee statue in Richmond to come down
09-23-2021, 04:53 PM
RE: Virginia Supreme Court: Lee statue in Richmond to come down
So, an another statue will bite the dust.
Perhaps nice to mention this article, which I have found in the Pall Mall Gazette Friday 30, May 1890, which goes as follow; 'The Richmond statue to General Lee'.
The statue erected at Richmond, Virginia, to the memory of General Robert E. Lee, was unveiled yesterday, with appropriate ceremonies.
The City was decorated with Federal and rebels flags, and a brilliant ball was given in the evening at which the Misses Lee were the centre of attraction.

Imagine, they were dancing under Federal and rebel flags, for them after that event, whenever they passed Lee's statue, in all possibility they had remembered that 'brilliant ball', who knows, whose ancestors had there their first encounter on that evening in May... Might be the very one's that are now squabbling about the issue of the capital C in commonwealth.
If we go further with this, no one would dear to say or write a single word as there is always a way to find something bad in it.
If I read or hear about a church or statue that one wants to tear down, I always wonder, 'Is someone in the need of a profitably parking lot?'
Well, all the best
Veronica
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia Supreme Court: Lee statue in Richmond to come down - Veronica - 09-23-2021 04:53 PM