Junius Booth's child William
07-02-2021, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 02:32 PM by Saragouzou.)
RE: Junius Booth's child William
(06-27-2021 07:32 AM)AussieMick Wrote:  
(06-25-2021 02:37 AM)Saragouzou Wrote:  I'm curious to know more about Junius Brutus Booth Sr's son William. I found this on a Wikipedia and wonder why there isn't more information on William. This is what information I have found: (taken from Wikipedia.)

On 26 September 1811, a single woman named Sarah Blackbeard, of St Leonard, Shoreditch, gave birth to a son, William. Called before a magistrate in March 1812, she stated that "one Junius Brutus Booth who resides at his Father's No. 1 Dove Row in the said Parish of St Leonard Shoreditch Gentleman... is the true and only Father of such Child."[2] She repeated this as sworn evidence in 1813, when the child became chargeable on the parish under the Poor Law, giving Booth's address then as Queen Street, Bloomsbury.[3]

I know this website is not that reliable but does this have any truth to it? I'd like to know more about the child, William. Thanks!

You could try
https://www.rootspoint.com
I put in William Booth , year of birth 1811, and census 1841, and for place lived Shoreditch. I got a result but you have to subscribe (free for the first few searches) to view the actual census details.

https://www.rootspoint.com/record/1841-U...e169e181b/

Interesting. I'm surprised not much is out there on William. I grew up being told I'm related to JWB. A few years ago I got curious and started looking at exactly how we could be related to JWB. I still can't find the link. I really don't believe we are but the way the family discusses how the events of that day effected them and tried to hide the fact makes me wonder if it could be true. My dad has a recruiting poster (I believe it is dated around 1863) from his great grandfather Stephen Booth, who was in the military at the time. His name on the poster is listed as Cpt. S. Booth, Milford MA. Thing is when you look at his records of service Stephen is listed as entering as a private and leaving as a private. My dad believes that it was because of the family relationship that Stephen was demoted. When I contacted the Rhode Island Historical Society they didn't have any information on Stephen's service except the being a private. (Stephen was in the Rhode Island 4TH Infantry.) William Booth was the name of his father but the dates don't match up with the dates of the William Booth mentioned above. I believe Stephen Booth, (my 2nd great grandfather) came to the US around 1832 from Leeds Bradford area in England. He was the youngest of 16 children born in 1825. From what facts I've found it seems the family moved around a lot because they would help set up mills.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Junius Booth's child William - Saragouzou - 06-25-2021, 02:37 AM
RE: Junius Booth's child William - Saragouzou - 07-02-2021 02:09 PM
RE: Junius Booth's child William - Steve - 07-03-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: Junius Booth's child William - Steve - 07-03-2021, 04:43 AM