Jan Morris has died today.
11-21-2020, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2020 12:22 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Jan Morris has died today.
The New York Times reported today (Jan Morris, Celebrated Writer of Place and History, Is Dead at 94) about the transition of James Morris to Jan Morris.

Ms. Morris asserted that every aspect of existence changed with her transition. The more she was treated as a woman, the more she behaved — in her own estimation — as a woman.

“If I was assumed to be incompetent at reversing cars, or opening bottles, oddly incompetent I found myself becoming,” she wrote. “If a case was thought too heavy for me, inexplicably I found it so myself.” She added, “I discovered that even now men prefer women to be less informed, less able, less talkative, and certainly less self-centered than they are themselves; so I generally obliged them.”

P.S. I found nothing in the New York Times article referencing her book on Abraham Lincoln.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Jan Morris has died today. - LincolnMan - 11-20-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: Jan Morris has died today. - Gene C - 11-21-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: Jan Morris has died today. - David Lockmiller - 11-21-2020 12:21 PM