Version of Assassination Story on TV
07-19-2020, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2020 03:30 PM by STS Lincolnite.)
Version of Assassination Story on TV
Came across something yesterday I suspect readers here might be interested in.

It is a tv show I had never seen or heard of before. It is called One Step Beyond. It started in 1959 (just before The Twilight Zone - January 1959 as opposed to October 1959) and was a similar themed show. But this one used "real life" incidents as the entry point to the supernatural. The episode "The Day the World Wept" uses Lincoln's purported dream of a funeral in the White House as its premise. Based on work done and published by Jon White as well as my own research, I don't believe Lincoln actually had such a dream, but that is neither here nor there.

Here is a link to the full episode which first aired 9 February 1960:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Lvwln4Mnw

I came across this show and episode last night while re-watching the Star Trek Episode "The Savage Curtain." That was the episode that "Lincoln" (affectionately called Space Lincoln by Star Trek fans) appeared. The guy that played Surak in that episode (Barry Atwater) played Lincoln in the One Step Beyond episode. Sort of a strange coincidence but it led me to finding this "new to me" on screen depiction of Lincoln and a part of the assassination story.

Enjoy!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Version of Assassination Story on TV - STS Lincolnite - 07-19-2020 02:48 PM