President Lincoln and the Homestead Act
04-23-2020, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2020 05:26 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: President Lincoln and the Homestead Act
(04-23-2020 02:01 PM)Steve Whitlock Wrote:  Are you suggesting the Palestinians are living on a reservation?

I am saying two things:

1) "the Palestinians are having their native lands expropriated by war and legislation in much the same manner as the American Indians in the first half of the nineteenth century."

2) "that's something that the Editorial Board of the New York Times could actually do something about right away, instead of unfairly criticizing President Abraham Lincoln - the man who saved the institution of democracy for the world."

The following is my quote from my 04-21-2020 11:14 PM post:

How about the Palestinians who are having their native lands expropriated by war and legislation in much the same manner as the American Indians in the first half of the nineteenth century (BEFORE Abraham Lincoln became President)? Now, that's something that the Editorial Board of the New York Times could actually do something about right away, instead of unfairly criticizing President Abraham Lincoln - the man who saved the institution of democracy for the world.

You also said: "The NY Times gave Lincoln a gentle kiss on the lips."

You must be used to being "kissed on the lips" by freight trains.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Lincoln and the Homestead Act - David Lockmiller - 04-23-2020 05:19 PM