Are those stories about Mary abusive to Abraham overstated???
01-08-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: Are those stories about Mary abusive to Abraham overstated???
(01-08-2020 07:59 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  
(01-07-2020 05:06 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  While I wouldn't say as strong as Burlingame, I can name one. Ida Tarbell.

Best
Rob
Thanks, Rob - with all respect to Ida Tarbell, I was thinking to a woman of our "modern" generations...

Can't help it - comparing Mary to Hillary respectively v.v. gives me stomach ache. I have a higher opinion of Mrs. Lincoln, truth to be told.

What's wrong with Ida Tarbell? I think that subject matter knowledge is much more important than having lived in a "modern" generation. By the way, when did the "modern" generations begin?

I would like to add for consideration the name of Doris Kearns Goodwin as a very knowledgeable "modern" generation author on a broad range of Lincoln subject matter (if that name has not already been added).

I just suggested today to a man I met while I stood before the Patagian sculpture of Lincoln in front of San Francisco City Hall, that he go across the Civic Center Plaza (pointing to the San Francisco Main Public Library) and obtain her book "Team of Rivals" in order to learn more about Lincoln.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are those stories about Mary abusive to Abraham overstated??? - David Lockmiller - 01-08-2020 09:06 PM