Nationals Win The World Series!!!
11-02-2019, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2019 08:29 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Nationals Win The World Series!!!
I hope some of you got to see at least snippets of the Nationals' parade and rally today in DC. It was my old city once again, packed with hundreds of thousands of fans who were super-hyped, but well-behaved and respectful while having a great time. The same goes for the team, who certainly showed the brotherhood that folks have been talking about during the playoffs, especially during the rally.

I really didn't follow the team this year because I expected another disastrous season, so I had some catching up to do on names, etc. during the past month. In the process, I think I have developed crushes on some. Ryan Zimmerman was already well-known to me for his staying with the team through thick and thin (for 15 years), but the unknowns to me that have really impressed are Soto, Rendon, Kendrick, Corbin (Scherzer and Strasburg were already household names), Trea Turner, and Kurt, whose last name I cannot spell.

And I am definitely in love with Martinez, the major coach. His love of the game, his team, and his fans just bursts from the seams. When he climbed down from the bus with some others and walked the fan lines shaking hands and taking photos with the crowds over and over again -- and then choking back tears while at the mic during the rally -- I found myself tearing up also. And, trust me, it takes a lot to make me cry nowadays.

Mention was made of the fans who sat in the rain at Nationals Park last Tuesday to watch the game on the big screen. The number has been placed at 36,000. One of the commentators today said the fans along the parade route were forty deep in some spots and overall larger than the crowd for the Washington Capitals hockey team parade in 2018. That number was reported to be 800,000. Wouldn't it be great if the number went to a million today for the Nats?

Now, wouldn't it be great if the politicians on Capitol Hill took a lesson from the Nats and showed teamwork on both sides of the aisle, and most importantly, across those aisles... ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nationals Win The World Series!!! - L Verge - 11-02-2019 08:28 PM