Here I Have Lived - A History of Lincoln's Springfield
09-21-2019, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 01:56 PM by Gene C.)
Here I Have Lived - A History of Lincoln's Springfield
Written by Paul Angle.
History of Springfield, IL up to 1865 and the burial of Lincoln.

Intersting book. Helps to put the times in which Lincoln lived in a better perspective.
Has some interesting details of events in Springfield. Originally published in 1935, this updated edition (1971) was needed since the Lincoln Home and the old State Capitol building had been completely restored during that time period.

It is not a personal book about Lincoln, it is a history of Springfield and the events that shaped and influenced the community including Lincoln, while keeping in mind Lincoln's influence on his own community.

Driving or walking around Springfield, it is a very different city than it was in Lincoln's day. There are enough old buildings and historical markers to keep the memories of events long passed alive and appreciated. This book helps you to appreciate these reminders of an earlier time and the day to day events in Springfield when Lincoln lived here.

Mine is a soft cover copy.
https://www.amazon.com/lived-history-Lin...oks&sr=1-1

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Here I Have Lived - A History of Lincoln's Springfield - Gene C - 09-21-2019 01:55 PM