To Change the Future, Children Need History
10-08-2020, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020 10:43 PM by Rob Wick.)
RE: To Change the Future, Children Need History
Mike,

There is obviously a difference in rank between Chief Justice and Associate Justice, but I would add that at this point that is a distinction without a difference. A vacancy is a vacancy is a vacancy. I honestly don't think Harris was intentionally lying about Lincoln, but rather used it like Lincoln has been used for centuries by BOTH parties. The GOP is using a non-existent "tradition" as an excuse when it is nothing but rank hypocrisy. However, that's the thing about power. Only a fool would have it and not use it. The Democrats problem is that they still think the GOP is a rational party with rational leaders. It's far from that.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Change the Future, Children Need History - Rob Wick - 10-08-2020 10:42 PM
Senator Harris and Lincoln - mbgross - 10-09-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: Senator Harris and Lincoln - mbgross - 10-09-2020, 02:28 PM